Surface Velocity Radar Gun
All new SVR3D – Surface Velocity Radar Gun –
This next generation SVR allows scientists and hydrologists determine the surface velocity of water. Designed specifically to measure streams and rivers, the SVR 3D gives you precise speed measurement from a stationary position outside the body of water in real- time data.
Now lighter weight ( 1.8 lbs ) and smaller than any previous SVR model for ease of use.
Powered by a lithium Ion battery for longer periods of time between charges via a standard USB cable and the USB-C port.
Display Screen upgrades:
- 2x the size ofd the prior SVR version
- Can be viewed in bright sunlight even when the operator is wearing polarized sunglasses.
- The face panel includes a 3-digit speed display and three buttons: menu, select, and power. Using the “menu” and “select” buttons you can control display backlighting, cosine correction, serial communication output mode, and high / low speed range settings.
- The SVR includes cosine error correction, allowing the unit to account for target angles not parrellel to the direction of water travel.
- The SVR includes an internal sensor to detect vertical angle, and allows users to set horizontal angles to ensure accurate speeds.
- Standard package includes… SVR Radar Gun, Hard Carry Case, Cigarette Plug Adapter , 6 AA Rechargeable Batteries, and Battery Charger.
- Allows scientists to determine the surface velocity of water
- Measurement- Feet per second or Meters per second
- Includes cosine error correction ,allowing the unit to compensate for verticle angles
- High and Low Speed selection
- Accepts Tripod mounting
- User friendly measurement and reading
- Simple, more useable 5 digit display
- Recall previous speed
- Based on the Scout platform